9th International GeoRegNet Summer School -
SUSTAINABLE USE OF REGIONAL RESOURCES
Ljubljana, 30. 6. – 12. 7. 2019
Department of Geography, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
What are the main topics?
- Regional resources: theoretical approaches, typology;
- Regional resources and sustainable development: trends, potentials and policies;
- The impact of climate changes on the use of regional resources;
- The impact of geopolitical changes on the use of regional resources;
- (Un)sustainable use of regional resources in Central and Southeast Europe;
The summer school will focus on the use of regional resources in the context of sustainable development. It will highlight some geographical processes (e.g. aging, depopulation, land abandonment, degraded areas, overgrowing of agricultural land on one hand and processes of intensified use on the other hand) affecting the use of regional resources. The influence of wider regional and global context on the sustainable use of regional resources will also be addressed. Examples of (un)sustainable use of regional resources from Central and South-Eastern Europe will be presented.
What will participants get?
- 12 days of lectures, seminars, practical work, field seminars/work;
- 5 ECTS for active participation (a certificate will be issued at the end of summer school);
- A tour of Ljubljana;
- Accommodation in student dorms (except Slovene students);
- 296€ of pocket money (except Slovene students);
- 2 full-day field trips (extra charge may apply).
Who can attend summer school?
The summer school is primarily intended for students of master's degree in the field of geography, regional development and regional and spatial planning, but we also welcome undergraduate students from these fields and students of related study programs. Only students from CEEPUS GEOREGNET member Universities can apply.
More information about partners of CEEPUS GEOREGNET network can be found here:
List of CEEPUS GEOREGNET network partner institutions:
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Arts
- University of Graz, Institut für Geographie und Raumforschung
- University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Department of Geography
- University of Mostar, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Humanities, Department of Geography
- Charles University, Department of Social Geography and Regional Development
- Palacký University, Olomouc, Department of Geography
- Mendel University in Brno, The Faculty of Regional Development and International Studies
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography
- University of Zadar, Department of Geography
- University of Pécs, Institute of Geography and Earth Sciences
- University Sts.Cyril and Methodius – Skopje, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Jagiellonian University in Cracow, Institute of Geography and Spatial Management
- University of Oradea, Department of Geography, Tourism and Territorial Planning
- University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management
- University of Primorska, Faculty of Humanistic Studies
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
- University of Prešov in Prešov, Department of Geography and Applied Geoinformatics
- Constantine The Philosopher University in Nitra, Department of Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- University of Prishtina Hasan Prishtina, Faculty of Natural Science , Department of Geography
How to register?
- Students register via CEEPUS internet page https://www.ceepus.info/
- You need CEEPUS account in order to register. You can create a new account here: https://www.ceepus.info/login/register_short.aspx#nbb .
- Important registration information:
- Academic year: 2018-2019
- CEEPUS Network number: CIII-SI-0111-13-1819
- Host country: Slovenia
- Host institution: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
- Mobility type: Short term students
- Short Term Type: summer school
- From: 30.06.2019
- To: 12.07.2019
- Each member of the network can nominate two students.
- Registration deadline: 1. 2. 2019
- You can find a SHORT REGISTRATION GUIDE here.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts,
dr. Simon Kušar
dr. Boštjan Rogelj