Coming to Ljubljana:
By plane: Jože Pučnik Airport Ljubljana is located about 25 km NW from Ljubljana. There are multiple ways you can come from the airport to Ljubljana:
- Shuttle: the best way to go from the airport to Ljubljana. There are three shuttle operators to Ljubljana. Normally, reservation is required. Driving time is approximately 30 minutes. Price is 10,0€ per person. Links to all shuttle services can be found here: https://www.fraport-slovenija.si/en/passengers-and-visitors/getting-here/shuttle/
- Bus: the bus service from the airport to Ljubljana is relatively poor (once per hour from 7.00 till 20.00 during workdays and once every two hours during the weekends). The ride to Ljubljana cost 4,1€. Driving time is approximately 50 minutes. You can find bus schedule here: https://www.fraport-slovenija.si/en/passengers-and-visitors/getting-here/bus/
- Taxi: taxi from the airport to the center of Ljubljana normally cost 40-50€.
By bus or train:
- Ljubljana bus/train station is located 2 km from the faculty and about 4 km from student dorms in Rožna dolina. The city bus number 18 goes from the station to Rožna dolina (the bus stop is 5 minutes from the student dorms). City bus number 2 and 9 will take you to Filozofska fakulteta. During the weekends some lines operate rather infrequently
- Department of geography support sustainable mobility and encourage you to come to Ljubljana by public transport.
- If you come by car be aware you want be able to park on faculty grounds since Faculty of Arts has no parking spaces for guests. There is a public parking space next to the faculty (1,2€ per hour). Street parking around the faculty is payable (0,6€ per hour) and limited to 4 hours.
- There are limited parking spaces around student dorms.