Geography of Slovenia
Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 8
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Ogrin Darko, red. prof. dr. Potočnik Slavič Irma
1. The position and consequences of position of Slovenia in the middle geographical latitudes and in the junction of major European natural units.
2. Particularities of tectonic and rock structure and earthquake threatenes.
3. Relief of Slovenia and recent surface transformation processes.
4. Soils and their degradation and threatenes.
5. Weather and climate heterogeneousity and changeability.
6. Water resoures of Slovenia and their importance.
7. Biodiverstity and bioms.
8. The positioning of Slovenia on the crossroads of European Geographical macroregions.
9. The formation of Slovenian cultural landscapes in agrarian period.
10. The essential transformation processes in Slovenian cultural landscapes during the 20th Century (industrialization, deagrarization, motorization, uniformity, corridors, peripherialization).
11. The key restructuring factors of Slovenian cultural landscapes at the beginning of the 21st Century (deindustrialization, tertialization, globalization, glokalization, networking).
12. The issues of contemporary Slovenia (economic developments, traffic, environmental issues, energy, health, Slovenes in the ethnical areas and diaspora).
13. Demographic processes of Slovenia
14. Regionalization of Slovenia.