Spanish phonetics and phonology and word formation
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): asist. Veselko Vita, prof. dr. Pihler Ciglič Barbara
The course consists of two content sets:
PHONOLOGY AND PHONETICS
- the role of phonetics and phonology in linguistics,
- basic concepts of phonetics and phonology (phoneme, allophone, syllable, diphthongs, triphthongs and hiatus, relationship phoneme-grapheme, …)
- the speech mechanism and articulation of Spanish vowels and consonants,
- the international phonetic alphabet (AFI – IPA) and phonetic transcription,
- differences between European and American Spanish and between Slovene and Spanish.
- basic concepts of word formation (root, affix, …)
- types of morphemes and their meaning
- basic word formation processes (derivation, compounding, suffixation, …)
- formation of noun and adjective words, verbs and adverbs.
- formation of verbs. verbal inflection (regular, irregular, partially irregular verbs).