Physical Geography II
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Trobec Tajan, izr. prof. dr. Repe Blaž
• The Earth – the water planet. Hydro-geographical characteristics of streams, lakes, wetlands and ice-covered surfaces.
• Drainage basin characteristics and river regimes.
• Types and distribution of groundwater.
• Physiographical features of the world’s seas and sea water properties. Seawater movement. The sea – the living environment.
• Hydro-geographical characteristics of Slovenia.
• Soil (term). Soil constituents. Factors of soil formation. Processes of soil formation.
• Soil profile and its morphology.
• Soil types of the world.
• Soils of Slovenia.
• Field observations and recognition of soil types.
• Basic laboratory tutorial in the physical geographic laboratory.
• Biogeography (term). Organisms in their natural environment and their adaptations to the abiotic and biotic factors. World bioclimatic zones and their organisms.
• Man and biosphere.
• Biogeography of Slovenia. Forest associations.
• Field observations and recognition of the most common plant species and forest associations