Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, izr. prof. dr. Kušar Simon, prof. dr. Potočnik Slavič Irma
• agrarian structure and data resources for agricultural geography,
• formation and main types of agricultural landscape in Slovenia,
• agrarian systems,
• glocalization and agriculture,
• key characteristics of EU Common Agricultural Policy and Rural Development Programme of Slovenia,
• agriculture and sustainable development.
Approaches in economic geography:
- neoclassical location theories and concepts,
- radical approaches in economic geography,
- postmodern approaches: cultural turn, institutional economic geography,
- development geography.
Types of industrial areas, the role of formal institutional factors at the development of economy, spatial indicators of industrialization.
Geographical aspects of the contemporary development of the economy:
- finacialization and financial geography,
- cultural/creative industries,
- geography of the economic cycle,
- geography of consumtion,
- foreign direct investments,
- the role of technology at economic development.
Economic structure of statistical regions in Slovenia:
- design of the analysis,
- selection of indicators,
- data collection,
- implementation of analysis,
- evaluation of economic development,
- comparison of development factors and processes between statistical regions.