Music and Movement
Lecturer(s): asist. mag. Podlesnik Tomášiková Lidija, prof. dr. Pettan Svanibor Hubert
• A historical overview of dance development in different disciplines: historical dance, ethno-choreology, dance anthropology, dance ethnology.
• Modern concepts, theories and research methods, recognizing relevant literature and fieldwork.
• An overview of the most important sources for the reconstruction of European dances from the 15th to the 20th century.
• An overview and comparison of the style and structural dance forms, changes of dances and dance notations through time and space.
• Dependency of music and social dance in recognizing the hearing and movement characteristics of selected dance forms.
• Diverse roles of dance: from customs and habits of the life and calendar cycle to modern political events.
• Discussions about dance as an indicator of cultural and national identity, court, social, theatre, folk and national dances.
• Video projections and practical introduction into the bases of historical dances and folk dancing.
• Practical performing and revision of steps, dance figures and historical and folk choreographies.